2021 EES Symposium Keynote Speakers
Dr. Pratim Biswas
Aerosol Science and Engineering and the COVID-19 Issue
Assistant Vice Chancellor & Department Chair, Washington University in St. Louis
Dr. Pratim Biswas is the Dean of Engineering at the University of Miami in Coral Gables, Florida. He also serves as an Assistant Vice Chancellor of International Programs. He has more than 400 refereed journal publications, has presented several invited presentations nationally and internationally, holds ten patents and has spun off two start-up companies based on his inventions. He has advised and graduated 54 doctoral students, all of who are accomplished in their careers in academia, government, and industry. Pratim Biswas received his Ph.D. from the California Institute of Technology; his MS from the University of California, Los Angeles, and his BTech degree from the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay.
Dawn Taffler, P.E., LEED AP
Integrated Water Management; Saving the World ONE @ a time
One Water Practice Leader and Vice President at Kennedy Jenks Consultants
Dawn Taffler, an alumnus of the CEE department at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, is a recognized specialist in recycled water and planning and has been successfully leading Kennedy Jenk’s Recycled Water Community Practice for the past four years. Based in Pasadena, she is now taking on the additional responsibility of leading the One Water Community Practice. Dawn’s work has included a variety of projects that seek to diversify and optimize the way we use and reuse water. She is currently leading seven non-potable and potable reuse studies throughout California to maximize the use of local, sustainable and reliable water supplies.
Check back in the coming weeks for more details!
PREVIOUS KEYNOTE SPEAKERS:
- Prof. Lutgarde Raskin, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Michigan & Dr. Issam Najm, Founder and President of WQTS (2019)
- DR. CHARLES N. HAAS, LD Betz Professor of Environmental Engineering. Head – Department of Civil, Architectural & Environmental Engineering, Drexel University (2018)
- Dr. Menachem Elimelech, Roberto Goizueta Professor of Environmental and Chemical Engineering at Yale University (2017)
- Dr. Carlos Campos-Callao, Senior VP Research and Development of Suez Environment (2016)
- Dr. Ali H. Omar, Physical Scientist at NASA Langley Research Center (2015)
- Dr. Kimberly Jones, Howard University (2014)
- Damon S. Williams (2013)
- Jess Brown, Ph.D., PE (2012)
- Kathryn Mallon, PE (2011)